Bring medical terminology to life with Davi-Ellen Chabner’s bestselling The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition! By presenting medical terms within the context of the body’s anatomy and physiology, and in health and disease, this proven resource makes it easy to learn a working medical vocabulary built on the most frequently encountered prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms. Practical exercises and case studies demonstrate how medical terms are used in practice. Add an engaging student Evolve website with medical animations and videos, word games, flash cards, and more, and you’ll be ready to communicate confidently in the clinical setting and succeed in your healthcare career.
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations demystify medical terminology even if you have little or no background in medicine or science.
- Practical applications such as case reports, operative and diagnostic tests, and laboratory and x-ray reports demonstrate the use of medical terminology in practice.
- Self-study text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets.
- Full-color illustrations depict anatomy, physiology, and pathology, putting medical terms in the context of the body’s structure and function.
- Comprehensive glossaries and appendices serve as quick references for use in the classroom and on the job.