For complete, authoritative coverage of every aspect of thoracic and cardiac surgery, turn to the unparalleled guidance found in Sabiston and Spencer Surgery of the Chest, 9th Edition. Now in full-color for the first time, Drs. Frank W. Sellke, Pedro J. del Nido, and Scott J. Swanson’s standard-setting two-volume set is meticulously organized so that you can quickly find expert information on open and endoscopic surgical techniques performed in the operating room. With its comprehensive coverage of thoracic as well as adult and pediatric cardiac surgery, this 9th Edition is an essential resource not only for all thoracic surgeons, but also for physicians, residents, and students concerned with diseases of the chest.
- Find what you need quickly with short, focused chapters divided into three major sections: Adult Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, and Thoracic Surgery.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of global experts who provide a comprehensive view of the entire specialty.
- Master all of the most important current knowledge and techniques in cardiac and thoracic surgery-whether for specialty board review or day-to-day surgical practice.
- Visualize challenging surgical techniques and procedures and navigate the text more efficiently thanks to an all-new, full-color design.
- Stay up to date with revised or all-new chapters including Critical Care for War-related Thoracic Surgery; Neuromonitoring and Neurodevelopment Outcomes in Congenital Heart Surgery; and Quality Improvement: Surgical Performance.
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge topics such as endovascular stenting and cell-based therapies, as well as the latest innovations in imaging and diagnosis, minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgery, and percutaneous devices.
- Sharpen your surgical skills with access to 21 procedural videos online, including 3 new videos covering Surgical Technique-VATS Sympathetic Block; Open pneumothorax; and Extent II repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm.